Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2042

I don't smoke. I weigh what I should. I'm not in any high risk group. But, I'm still going to die one day. Tuesday, July 22, 2042, to be exact if deathclock.com has anything to say about it. As I am typing this, I'm watching the seconds tick away. 1,140,063,850 ... 1,140,063,849 ... left to go.

Wow. I wonder if God will ask me my high score on Bejeweled on my phone. I wonder if he'll be impressed that I still know how to solve a Rubik's Cube. I wonder if he'll ask me my annualized return on my IRA. Or, will he be more concerned about my relationship with His Son.

Did I repent of my personal sin? Did I trust in the Savior alone to pay for my sins? What did I do with that salvation. Did I practice 'grace abuse' and keep living for myself? Did I get out there and tell somebody, plead with somebody, pour my heart out to somebody to get themselves right with God today.

Man, there goes more seconds. Tick... Tick... Tick...

No comments: