Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Life Through the Son

16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17 Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
I hear many people say that Jesus never claimed to be God. I usually hear this from some psuedo Christian sect or cult. Here the Bible is very clear as to what Jesus said about himself. You don't have to believe Jesus was God, but don't say that the Bible never made that claim.

19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. 21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Many people think that Jesus would never judge them as he is too full of love. The bible makes it very clear that Jesus will judge. His love is exactly what requires him to judge evil. A loving judge would not let evil go unpunished. Also, many people say that they honor God, but do not honor Jesus Christ. Here we see that this is not an option.

24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25 I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

All who hear His word and believe will pass from death to life, and will not be condemned. Christ has paid the price for all sin, past and future. As long as you have repented and put your faith in Christ, you do not have to wonder about your eternal fate. He promises that you will live.

28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Make no mistake. God will judge and condemn evil. This is New Testament theology. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He cannot stand sin, and there is a day coming where he will judge and separate Himself from evil forever. God's judgement is just, and it pleases him to reward good and punish evil. Don't let your head hit the pillow before you get right with God. Repent and put your faith in Him, as today is the day of salvation.

No comments: