Monday, August 14, 2006

Slow progress at the mall

The mall has given me an application for free speech, where I am welcome to give a $50 deposit for litter and set up a table. They have an application asking what organization I am with, how much money I make, what size my signs are, how loud my amplification system is etc. This has nothing to do with what I do.

I have been advised not to fill this out and even go down that road. Until we get this solved, I don't want to go back and get arrested for trespassing. I have left messages with two organizations, Pacific Justice and the Christian Law Association. I am still waiting to hear from either of them. I don't have any idea how they will be able to help, or how much they are going to charge, but I would like some legal precedent on my side.

From all I can tell, it is legal to have a one on one conversation with someone about any subject on private property open to the public in America. But, I want to find the best way to communicate this to mall management so are all on the same page.

No comments: