Friday, July 28, 2006

Luke 10:2


He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.



Tonight, the workers were plentiful. Jeff left before this picture, Tony, Mahria, Neal, Matt, Casey, Chris, David, Evangelica, Dru and Joey. Tonight was great, as there were so many of us out that many of the kids who had more questions got to talk to a bunch of people and hear many different testimonies and have their earnet questions answered.

When I showed up, as usual, there were people already witnessing. Evangelica always seems to meet people who are ready to get right with God. She has a real heart for leading people to repentance and putting their trust in the Savior. Soon after this, we gathered and opened formally in prayer. I think this is so important. Everything we do should represent Christ. This is a big responsibility. If we went out with our own sense of pride, we would fall every time. We have to remember to rely on the support of the Holy Spirit as we open up with these kids in spiritual discussions.

Joey brought a big bag of tricks and passed out some tracts that I haven't seen in a while. I liked the nice silver Ten Commandment coins. They are much easier to read than the pressed pennies. David grabbed some pink and blue illusions and quickly gathered the attention of a family that came over to see what the fuss was all about. He put a new twist on it and turned a simple illusion into a nice little magical presentation. After the show, we made sure the parents had plenty of stuff to read.

We split up into pairs and headed out. I actually headed out on my own, and, once again, I was too afraid to start talking with anyone. I don't know why I get scared, but I still do every time. I walked back and found Matt and had someone to give me courage. We quickly found a few kids that went to a local Christian school. They were a little turned off that the teachers seemed to give them a "don't ask questions, you just have to have faith" sort of attitude. They were very nice, and had some genuine questions that we hopefully were able to answer. We left them with some of the coins. I actually saw them speak to a few other people throughout the night. Casey was able to share some of his testimony with them, and hopefully they could relate.

I paired up with Jeff and he picked four goth-looking kids who actually had a very good hold on the biblical concept of judgement. One kid said we would be judged by Jesus on the Day of Reckoning. Another said that there was no way to really know what would happen on that day. I cleared up that there is a way to know. The Bible makes it very clear what will happen. We will be judged by God's perfect standard, and inevitably found guilty. The only way we can avoid the very deserved punishment for our transgressions of the Law will be to repent today, and put our complete trust in the atoning death, and subsequent resurrection, of our only Savior, Jesus Christ.

For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2

No comments: