Sunday, March 12, 2006

Three minutes to live...


This is the crux of this blog. Especially if you are a Christian. What would you tell somone as to how or why to get saved? Let's say that you have lived out the example of Christ and for years now, I have watched you, and I see that light shining. I am so in awe of the peace you have about you, and you have never pushed any of that religion on me. I trust you. You are my friend. I just found out I am dying. I am scared as to what will happen to me in the next life. What do I do? Please tell me.


What if you only had three minutes to share the Gospel with a dying man? Would you be ready? Do you feel like you can't speak? Do you feel that you don't know what to say? How can you convince him of the truth? Listen and find out!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best way would be to manipulate the fear and emotions of your dying friend by exploiting your friendship to convince him there's a mangod who died and came back to life and will save him

this same method can be used on any number of people, though healthy people aren't as easily swayed by the promise of paradise from a dead man

Unknown said...

Interesting. Let's put this in another context. How about if my child is standing in the street. My personal belief is that she is in danger. (I think that this would also line up with the objective truth, but the point isn't to prove that to a non believer at this time)

Would telling her that a car is coming and unless she gets to the sidewalk, or let's me pick her up, she will be smashed to bits by that car, be "manipulating her fear and emotions"? Well, in a sense. Would you have a better suggestion? If you truly believed that there is a real need to get off the street.

Now, if you don't believe in cars at all, or streets, or whatever, then this question isn't really for you. If you believe that the whole thing is made up, then of course, you would view it as a vain exercise. I'm OK with that.

But, I'm asking people who actually know that the car is coming, what would their method be.

I agree with your second paragraph. But, then I think nobody is healthy, no not one. And, I can't sway anybody no matter how eloquent I am. That is the job of the Holy Spirit.

(unless I have a really cool light show in my church and provide great refreshments) just kidding

Andreas said...

"3 minutes to live" (along with HBKS) should be mandatory listening at every Christian today..

And yeah.. There aren't anyone "healthy" in the world.. If so, why hasn't anyone dealt with the biggest problem yet: death.

..oh wait a second.. One did.

A.