Thursday, February 22, 2007

Interview With the God of the Bible

I dreamed I had an interview with God.
“So you would like to interview me?” God asked.
“If you have the time,” I said.
God smiled.
“My time is eternity… what questions do you have in mind for me?”
“What surprises you most about human kind?”
God answered…
“Nothing surprises me. I am God. But I'll tell you this..."

"Mankind is quick to point out sin in others, but have trouble seeing their own sin.” Matthew 7:3-5
“They won't trade their eyes for a million dollars... but they trade their souls for love of their sin.” Mark 9:47
"Although they know me, they neither glorify me or give me thanks... they exchange the truth of God for a lie and worship created things rather than the Creator.” Romans 1:21-25
“They live as if they will never die… even though it is written for each man to die once and after that to face judgment.” Hebrew 9:27
God’s hand took mine… and we were silent for a while.
And then I asked, “As a parent, what are some of life’s lessons you want your children to learn?”
“To learn they cannot make anyone love them. The Lord's love is with those that fear Him.” Psalm 103:17
“To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others. They need to compare themselves to God's perfect standard.” Matthew 5:48
“To learn to forgive others as I have forgiven them.” Matthew 6:12
“To learn that it only takes one lie to end up in a lake of fire, and it only takes one Name under heaven by which they can be forgiven.” Revelation 21:8 Acts 4:12
“To learn that a rich person is not who has the most, but who stores up treasures in heaven.” Matthew 6:19-20
“To learn that there are people who think that God is merciful, but God is also just and holy and perfect and cannot be around any sin.” Romans 1:18
“To learn that people can look at the bible and see it as foolishness, but to those who are being saved, it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18
“To learn that it is not enough that they forgive one another, but they must also repent and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their own sins.” Acts 20:21

“Thank you for your time,” I said humbly. “Is there anything else you’d like your children to know?”God smiled and said…
“Just know that I am here. Always.” Hebrews 13:8

No comments: