Monday, November 20, 2006

I missed Friday Night

Sometimes getting up the energy to get out there and share my faith is difficult. Especially, because with three kids and a long work week, there are plenty of excuses to do other things. I was tired on Friday, and we had a birthday party the next morning that I needed to help my wife cook and clean the house. I just read a post from Tony's blog about what happened at the mall that night. Here is one paragraph that says it all.
Still sobbing, Shirley said, “I’ve been wrong all these years! I’ve been doing it wrong all these years! I’ve never shared the gospel so straightforward, the way I just saw you share it with that boy. I’ve told people about Jesus and God’s love, jumping from place to place in the conversation, but never really getting to the point. I understand, now. I understand why I have to warn people about God’s judgment.”

Lord, forgive me for my selfishness. How can I sit around when there are others out there who are perishing. And, more important than that, there are people who are eager to get help sharing their faith and need to be shown the biblical way of doing just that. I pray that I never get so wrapped up in the world that I forget the eternal perspective. If you have a minute, go read the entire story at Tony's blog.

No comments: