When was the last time you did something for the first time?
What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?
Read Exodus 20 1-3
1. What does the term “God” mean to you, in other words how do you determine if something is being a “God” to you?
2. What are some thing, that people in our society, have made “Gods” in their lives?
3. Which one of these do you struggle with?
4. Name a person who you think does a good job at putting The Lord God first in their life.
Read Matthew 22:34-38
5. How do the “Greatest Commandment” and the First Commandment support each other?
6. Share what it means to you to put love God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind?
7. Pastor Dudley talked about the “FIRST” test to see if you are putting God first in your life. The test asks what is the emphasis on the following areas of your life:
Focus, Income, Relationships, Spiritual Food, and Time.
Go around and share how you score on the test.
Do you want to see your group grow closer than ever before? Outreach events are the greatest contributor to group members growing closer together. This summer is going to be a great opportunity to do at least one outreach project with your group. Start thinking and talking about stepping out in faith and blessing others as God blesses you.
Take some time to quietly (on your own) go over where you stand on the FIRST test. Go around and pray to make a commitment to put God first in every area of your life.