Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Fishing

Tonight there were eight of us out witnessing at the Northridge Mall. It is hard to keep track of all the people that we presented the Gospel to.

When I got there, Spencer was talking with two people. I walked a bit further, David and Matt were witnessing to a group, and even further along, Vangy and Chris were praying, heads down, with a couple. Wow, there were almost more people witnessing than people to witness to. I think we might be making an impression on this mall.
Each week the Lord is blessing us with more laborers. I am so thankful.

Again, I didn't feel like going out to witness after a long week at work. I even sent a text message to Joey to that effect. But, after getting a call from at least three other people, I decided that I was supposed to be faithful and get out there.

We tried to get Spencer to record an audio, but kept getting people who didn't want to be recorded, or people who had to leave in the middle of the discussion. We got one recording of Spence, and before I had to go home, I decided to get one of myself with a group of kids.

The thing I noticed about the four that I talked to was that one of them definitely had a Christian upbringing. He knew all the "right" answers, but seemed totally disinterested in the discussion. He thought he would be found innocent, and his friends who were not believers even called him on it. At one point, he even asked me "Where is this leading?" Well, it is leading straight to hell, unless one repents and puts their faith in the Savior. The other three were very interested and I left them all with something more to read and think about.

Please pray for all the people that were witnessed to tonight. Pray that nothing snatches away the seeds that were sown tonight.

Matthew 13:18-23
18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

No comments: